HD Patient Support Group – One meeting per month: Wednesday afternoon from September to June
- This group is open to individuals who have been diagnosed with HD.
- To join this group, the individual would need to be able to interact with people, this can be done in different ways.
- The person may be accompanied by a caregiver.
The goals of this group are:
- Meet other people with HD and build support within our group process
- Increase knowledge about HD and about living with HD
- Develop new tools and coping mechanisms
- Enjoy an HD safe space
Please note: This group requires a minimum of 8 participants up to a maximum of 14 before sessions can be started.
Participants are asked to commit to attending all of the sessions.
Caregivers Support Group – meet once a month for 4 to 6 sessions. Location and schedule will be considered as per the needs of the majority of participants.
This group is open to any caregiver of a person with HD. In this group, participants will:
- Meet other caregivers and build support within the group process
- Learn positive coping strategies with the goal to reduce caregiver stress
- Increase knowledge about HD
- Learn about and how to access community resources
Other possible groups could also be offered depending on need and participants available, for example:
- Living at Risk for HD
- Young People Affected by HD (14-25 years old)
- Living with gene-positive diagnosis
- Recently diagnosed with HD
- Loss and grief
To get more information or to join one of our groups, contact the BCRC office at 604.822.7195 or by email: email@example.com